Bbopki/Dalgona - Korean Sweet Traditional Candy Recipe ;)
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
The taste is like a burn marshmallow or caramel. Sure it is, you're melting sugar down. haha. You have to believe your intuition with this one. Okay, now let's go to the recipe :)
- Sugar, Baking Soda
- Small Frying Pan/Mini Wok,Aluminium Foil
- Add a desired amount of sugar to the small pan/scooping thing. Just don't have so much that when you stir the sugar it over flows.
- Place the foil sheet on a table.
- Turn on your fire stove.
- Place the pan/scooper above the flame to let the sugar heat up.
- Stir the sugar with a wooden chopstick/stick/popsicle stick as the sugar begins the melt.
- When you're positive that the sugar has completely melted into pure liquid(don't burn the sugar btw) get a pinch of baking soda(a pinch = like smaller than your finger nail) and drop it in the sugar liquid.
- Place the pan/scooper back on to the fire and stir the sugar liquid.
- Stir as you see that the liquid starts to become the color of a caramel.
- Take the pan/scooper off of flame and quickly pour the substance on the foil.
- Now place the wooden stick inside the substance(bbopki).
- Now you can either leave it like that or get another sheet of foil and place it on top of the blob to flatten it out.
- Wait until the Bbopki has hardened enough so that you can remove it from the foil.
- Enjoy the 99% sugar 1% baking soda candy known as Bbopki.